BlackGold Masts and Spars
The Blackgold Rig was chosen as the official charter rig for the 2003 I.O.D.A. World, European, Asian and Oceanian Championships. Several outstanding results have been achieved in the past years. A lot of credit goes to all the coaches, trainers and sailors with whom we developed this ultimate rig for Optimist racing.
In 2004 we introduced a Delrin high heel plug. The plug enables the mast to pivot with less friction in the stainless steel mast cup. The new plug also prevents wear and corrosion at the bottom of the mast.
Feature for feature, there is no equal to the Optiparts BLACKGOLD set. 45 microns Black hard anodised 7075 mast, a choice of 3 black anodised booms and a black anodised 7075 sprit. All black fittings, newly designed hard anodised cleats, a black sprit chafe guard, captive eye straps on the boom, a halyard cleat with becket, a bead to prevent loss of the hook-in block. Zero stretch, zero creep, black, Vectran line package.
ADVANTAGES: over spars from other masts makers
• Heavy duty black hard anodised 7075 T6 mast
• Stiffer 2.2mm 7075 T6 mast section
• NEW!! high Delrin heel plug, for less friction and to avoid wear
• Stainless steel hook-in bloack backing plate – to avoid wear
• Throughbolted and insulated vang cleat – to prevent failure
• Aluminium pin stop instead of plastic – to avoid breakage
• Aluminium pennant holders – which do not cut the lines
• Improved hook-in block with stainless steel bearings – no rust
• Low friction nylon wind indicator – extra sensitive
• Delrin pin type heel-plug – no wear
• Vectran control lines – zero stretch, zero creep – the ultimate
• Sprit adjuster handle, as standard
The Ø 45 x 2.2mm mast and Ø 27 x 1.5mm sprit are made of the highest grade aluminium available. (7075 T6 Aerospace spec. alloy) and unlike any other Optimist spar manufacturer we offer a choice of 3 booms:
The 32mm BLACKLITE boom:
• A bendy boom, which comes with a bridle, will depower the sail which enables the lightweight sailor to go faster in more wind.
The 40mm BLACKGOLD boom:
• A stiff and lightweight boom, which comes with a bridle and suitable for the majority of sailors.
The 55mm BLACKMAX boom:
• The ultra stiff (and yet llightweight) boom can be used without a bridle. This enables the larger sailor to jump across the boat and not too far aft while tacking.
All booms are made from high grade, tempered tube. Fitted with captive eye straps, black nylon in- and outboard end fittings, black outhaul cleat, 4mm Vectran outhaul, 6mm Vectran/wire vang and outhaul trim gauge.